Communicating carbon metrics accurately and honestly is essential to maintaining momentum and credibility. However, many roadblocks can set back your efforts:
- Insufficient or incorrect data
- Complicated reporting standards
- Limited time and resources
- Numerous audiences requiring different deliverables
Summit Energy can guide you around these roadblocks by developing a process for accurately reporting key data to all necessary stakeholders.
Summit's carbon reporting processes are not simply mathematical formulas applied against your usage data. Instead, we begin by establishing guidelines for measuring your carbon footprint using our CarbonMap™ methodology. We then work to collect, validate and organize all the data needed for your footprint. With that information in hand, we generate verifiable, customized reports for internal and external stakeholders.
Our Portal: Resource Advisor
Summit's award-winning online carbon reporting tool – Resource Advisor – allows you to establish and track your carbon, water and waste footprints and communicate the results of your reduction efforts to key stakeholders. Never again will you need to dedicate days or weeks to pulling together accurate reports - Resource Advisor puts them at your fingertips.
The Sustainability Portal on Resource Advisor, paired with Summit Energy's expertise, enables you to:
- Access all the data, reports and summaries used to measure the effectiveness
of your sustainability program
- Collect emissions and usage data from multiple streams for all scopes (1, 2 & 3)
- Benchmark performance against baseline data or business indicators,
such as production and sales metrics
- Establish carbon budgets, baselines and set targets
- Measure emissions and usage at both the site and enterprise levels
- Prove your position with verifiable data
- Track the many components that make up your environmental footprint, including carbon,
water, waste and recycling
- Maintain a database of project initiatives, such as energy efficiency efforts
and renewable energy projects
- Report emissions under emerging EPA, Carbon Disclosure Project, UK Carbon Reduction Commitment and similar global carbon reporting protocols
Improving Internal and External Reporting with Resource Advisor
Employees throughout your organization can easily access and create sustainability reports through the Sustainability Portal on Resource Advisor. Organizations have a myriad of considerations as it relates to sustainability communications. There may be product-marketing concerns, brand drivers or sector-specific issues to take into consideration. Executives may want real-time dashboards. Employees may want regular updates on greenhouse gas emissions programs. Summit helps companies develop communication strategies that present clear, actionable data to employees, shareholders and other decision-makers.
The Sustainability Portal on Resource Advisor provides a solid foundation for reporting greenhouse gas emissions according to global reporting protocols. Summit Energy advises and supports organizations through the process of reporting to various initiatives including The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), UK Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other similar reporting protocols. Additionally, we help put processes in place to streamline your organization's responses to these increasingly important surveys and questionnaires.
Contact us to learn more about carbon reporting for your company.
- Data Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Rate Analysis
- Budget Development
- Risk Management
- Market Intelligence
- Online Reporting
- Producer Services